Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Vase

Well my good friend and regular Saturday/Skyping friend Robyn and I are off on 'multi colour / watercolour' tangent today. I was checking out Shirley-Bee's blog when I saw her latest creation and it is stunning to say the least!! Check it out here, so I threw a challenge to Robyn for us to have a go at this technique. Now I know mine doesn't really compare to Shirley's but you have to start somewhere. This card is actually my second attempt and I have used the latest colour theme from the DT at Colour ThrowdownAfter spritzing my stamp with water, my purple and yellow blended a bit so some of my flowers look a bit blue...oh well, that happens...lol


 This is my first attempt at casing Shirley's card and I must admit, it looks a lot more like it should be. Pop on over and check out Robyn's cards here where she has actually done a freehand  one...way beyond my capabilities I do think but I will have a go none the less and a big thank you to Shirley for inspiring us to try something different. Until next time...happy stamping!  


4 comments:

  1. Two more lovely cards for you Vikki, the purple floral is really eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs! Love the watercolored look. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards Vikki. Love the beautiful colors on both. The splatters look great in the backgrounds. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute designs! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...